How To Prepare For Your OET Exam?
BONUS: OET Reading Sample test!
Find out about our Swoosh mock exams here.
1. Learn from what you got wrong:
2. Learn from what you got right:
3. Use the mock tests as a scaffold:
Bonus: OET practice test writing
- Look at Reading Sample Test 1 Part B here. Try to answer the questions in 15 minutes.
- Check your answers using the answer sheet. How many were correct?
- Underline the parts of the text which gave you the correct answers.
- Now, using a different colour, underline the parts of the text which allowed you to eliminate the incorrect options.
- Now look at your errors. Underline the parts of the text which led you to making the choice that you did.
- Using the answer sheet, try to find the parts of the text where the correct answers were contained. Underline them using a different colour.
- Check all the parts of the texts which you have underlined. Do any of them contain any unfamiliar vocabulary? If so, use a dictionary to research the new words. Write the new words down with their definitions as part of a vocabulary list.
- Now try doing Reading Sample Test 2 Part B https://www.occupationalenglishtest.org/preparation-portal/free-sample-tests/reading-sample-test-2/ and go through the same procedure.