How To Prepare For Your OET Exam?
BONUS: OET Reading Sample test!
It seems intuitive that, to prepare for the real OET exam. The best strategy would be to do as many OET mock exams as possible. Each mock exam that you do is helping you to develop your exposure to the OET format. Hopefully, with each exam you complete, you will see your scores increase. Except, this is not always the case. In my experience, I have had many OET students who have done OET practice test in reading and listening mock exam after mock exam. And still, they have seen very little improvement in their scores.
Find out about our Swoosh mock exams here.
1. Learn from what you got wrong:
2. Learn from what you got right:
3. Use the mock tests as a scaffold:
For Doctors: https://swooshenglish.com/oet-packages-doctors/
For Nurses: https://swooshenglish.com/oet-packages-nurses/
Bonus: OET practice test writing
- Look at Reading Sample Test 1 Part B here. Try to answer the questions in 15 minutes.
- Check your answers using the answer sheet. How many were correct?
- Underline the parts of the text which gave you the correct answers.
- Now, using a different colour, underline the parts of the text which allowed you to eliminate the incorrect options.
- Now look at your errors. Underline the parts of the text which led you to making the choice that you did.
- Using the answer sheet, try to find the parts of the text where the correct answers were contained. Underline them using a different colour.
- Check all the parts of the texts which you have underlined. Do any of them contain any unfamiliar vocabulary? If so, use a dictionary to research the new words. Write the new words down with their definitions as part of a vocabulary list.
- Now try doing Reading Sample Test 2 Part B https://www.occupationalenglishtest.org/preparation-portal/free-sample-tests/reading-sample-test-2/ and go through the same procedure.
Need to check your current English level? Sign up for our FREE OET mini mock exam for reading and listening with automated results!