To achieve anything higher than a band 6 in the grammar section of the IELTS writing task 1 and 2. Candidates need to use a variety of sentence structures and the majority of these structures need to be error free. Understanding what different structures exist in English and being able to use complex sentences, a good mix of them is often the key to achieving a higher band.
Computers are an important part of everyday life. Many older people didn’t learn computing skills at school. They still cannot use them.
- Computers are an important part of everyday life. But many older people didn’t learn computing skills at school and so still cannot use a computer.
- Even though computers are an important part of everyday life. Many older people still cannot use them because they didn’t learn how to at school.
- Humanity is facing great issues. Climate change is the most significant. It has been occurring for a long time and is affecting the whole ecosystem in a dramatic way. It has an impact that causes problems. These will irreversible if not checked.
- A mother is the heart of the family because she is the wife and the mother to her children. She needs to go to work, take care of the children, make food, clean the house and to teach and help the kids in everything they need. A mother means a lot to her family and she works hard and everything is done with love.
- One disadvantage is that the children will suffer because both parents work and they don’t have time to be with them and give them a proper education.
- The effects of this will continue to be very serious. It will have a negative impact on humans and rest of the ecosystem, because of its dynamic relationship.
- Effects on climate change are very drastic and strong. The most known effect of global warming is the rising level of seas and oceans because of the melting of glaciers. Storms and hurricanes are stronger and more violent. Also the air in big cities is not fresh and clean anymore.
- Schools have an important social role for the general population. They are a place where people get a range of information, start to socialize and acquire habits, among other things.
- The practice of regular physical activity brings a lot of benefits for a person’s health. It allows a good physical condition, prevents heart diseases and can control weight.
Another secret is to not over use linking words and we will cover this in next week’s post. Good luck!
If you are serious about taking your IELTS writing to the next level, sign up for your FREE 3 part IELTS writing video course that takes you through both task 1 and task 2. The video lessons are led by our highly experienced UK native IELTS teacher, Katherine. We also provide you with exercises to test your understanding!
Sign up your FREE IELTS writing video course by clicking here: https://swoosh-english.thinkific.com/courses/ielts-writing-video-course
Don’t forget to COMMENT and SHARE with friends and classmates who are also preparing for the IELTS exam also.